Welcome to Tighurt Running -- a running club with only one member!

My name is R. Andrew Strickland. I am a recreational runner who LOVES running races -- although I only win the occasional age group award.

The name Tighurt is derived from the words I used to say always before going out running: This Is Gonna HURT

The phrase was never meant as a complaint -- merely a mantra to keep me amused before I went out and tested my physical and mental endurance!

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Run4Missions 5K


Run4Missions 5K
May 1, 2010
Bolingbroke, GA
Time: 22:53
Age Gr
oup: 5/14
Overall: 34/287

Comments: Run4Missions was its usual excellent self. Great organization, incredibly friendly volunteers, great t-shirt, excellent facilities...you name it, Run4Missions has it. I spend the year telling people it is one of the best 5Ks in Macon (well, technically Bolingbroke, I guess.) The race has never let me down.

I only wish I could run fast enough to actually place at this delightful race. I had a decent run on the out and back course (run on part of the Macon Tracks' Sunday running loop.) What kept it from being a great run was largely the humidity, along with my paucity of training over the last few weeks. It always takes me about 6 weeks to adjust to the summer humidity. You would think I would be better at this having grown up in muggy South Florida, but apparently not.

I did enjoy the run greatly and enjoyed the usual buffet of baked goods even more. The only reason anyone needs to run Run4Missions is the banana pudding. I've eaten a lot of banana pudding in my time but never any as good as at Run4Missions. Maybe it's just because it tastes better after a race, but I doubt it. It's just fine stuff.


No comments:

Post a Comment