Welcome to Tighurt Running -- a running club with only one member!

My name is R. Andrew Strickland. I am a recreational runner who LOVES running races -- although I only win the occasional age group award.

The name Tighurt is derived from the words I used to say always before going out running: This Is Gonna HURT

The phrase was never meant as a complaint -- merely a mantra to keep me amused before I went out and tested my physical and mental endurance!

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Forsythia Festival 5K


Forsythia Festival 5K
March 13, 2010
Forsyth, GA
Time: 22:56
Age Group: 7/11
Overall: 26/150

Comments: I think I might have 42nded myself out of this race. I thought this would be a perfect PR course for me - nice and rolling, not many turns. I even had lots of friendly competition. The only thing I didn't have was running ability. Blame the continued congestion in my chest or 42nd Street, but this was not prime running by any means. I managed to stay below a 23 - not bad but slower than I had hoped. I was also 7th in my age group despite finishing 26th overall. My age group is getting really busy lately. From what I hear they only gave out first place awards anyway. That's pretty cheap in my opinion.

I was quite proud of Jeremy Bullard today. He turned in a sub-25. He is taking major time off his PR each race.

No comments:

Post a Comment